Quote of the Day

"When I am writing my problems become invisible and I am the same person I always was. All is well. I am as I should be."
-Roger Ebert
Roger Ebert is probably America's most well-known movie critic. He was half of the widely-viewed critic shows Sneak Previews and At the Movies longside Gene Siskel (who died in '99) and Richard Roeper. Ebert left television, and eventually lost his speaking voice in due to complications of Thyroid Cancer in 2006.
He continues to be heard through his writing, which is both excellent and abundant. I like the quote because creating is a refuge for me. When things aren't going how I want them to, creating makes me feel balanced. Often, and increasingly, creating is the way out of my problems. Other times, it is just a relief from them. Either way, I've found that it pays to be prolific.

To read Esquire's recent profile on Ebert, click here.
peace,
-samax

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner