Rejected character design


Real quick, I thought y'all might like to see this character design from a comics project that died on the operating table last year.
The character was loosely based on the client's wife. I did the drawing above with a brush pen while I was visiting them without her even noticing, because my portrait game is rated N for Ninja.
Afterwords, I went home and scanned the sketch and worked out the design some more in photoshop. After that, I dove into Illustrator to create a finished design:
Unfortunately, the client did not like this character design, so even if he continues the project with another artist, I imagine this will not be used. I really liked it, so I figured you might too. I never really created a character like this one, so it was fun to stretch myself a little. Hope you enjoyed the drawing!

Peace,
-Samax

Click the jar to leave a tip!

amount
Join the Samax Amen Fan Club for $5 a month! Get Stuff!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner