The Week in Reverse- highlights from January 28-February 3rd

It was a nice busy week...

On Saturday one of my fans (and a multi-talented artist in his own right) Samal McNealy shared this fan art I drew of his character Putti.

Samal is an enthusiastic fan of my work who creates a lot of work himself.  This piece was something I drew to express gratitude, and to work myself up to collaborating with him on something.  This piece is a work in progress too.  So stay tuned for the finished joint.  In the meantime, go ahead and give him a like or two.  He deserves it.

Here's a pic I took of my scribing from the DaVerse Lounge show on Friday, February 2nd.
 I was set up next to the stage, where a parade of talented young poets took the mic to do their thing, backed by the hip hop/funk/jazz/soul band Melody Memory.


I tried to capture something from each poet in real time (in words, picture, or both), so everyone would feel heard.

The hip hop album of the week in my life is WEATHER OR NOT by blue collar Los Angeles emcee Evidence of the mighty Dilated Peoples crew. Read more words by and rock with a nice visual stream of the album courtesy of Rhymesayers at GhtettoManga HQ:


Yo, I really want to print this image Customers Serve Us on a dope limited edition black tee via my peeps at Awready Merch.  If you think you want one, CLICK HERE to join the club so I can get an accurate gauge of demand.  I'm serious! Share with anybody who hates their day job.

I been going above and beyond for my dude Gerald's Mythworlde Media projects with pinups.  He's on a monthly subscription which really helps me have a budget, so the appreciation is mutual.  If you wanna sub, get at me.  It can be arranged.

Another good client is underground comedian, comics writer, and FBI (female body investigations) agent Jay Kelley.  I drew this for him this week. 
I did a three day push for the Sweetheart Special on Cartoon Portraits via Facebook (including running paid ads) and got no orders.  So I am probably done retailing Cartoon Portraits.  I have spent a few years trying to balance the need to get paid what I'm worth for my highest demand custom art product versus trying to satisfy people who say they can't afford to pay very much.  I think it's time to double prices for Cartoon Portraits and focus on other things.  2018 is about the quality of clients, not quantity.


Another of DJINNX dropped on MyComicStripClub.com last week.  DJINNX is my comic strip collabo with J.R. LeMar about a genie whose wish-granting skills could use some work.  I'm happy to be doing so comics in multiple formats, and REALLY enjoy collaborating with writers on strips.

I caught another bootlegger selling stuff with my art on it, then started doing a daily sketch project.  Not posting those sketches on social media.  Join my list to see 'em.

Yeah, this was on the 27th, but still...

Anyways, it's a new week!  See you in your inbox for all the subscribers.  If not, see you here next week!

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them. While you're here, CLICK HERE to receive FREE updates via email. 
Peace,
Samax.
SamaxAmen.com

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner