Some @comicBookDiner fan art I drew...

Felt like doing fan art, but no mainstream stuff. Here's a drawing of Rich Faber & John Gallagher's Roboy Red. John and Rich do a podcast with my dude Jamar under the moniker Comicbook Diner, so after I drew this I figured I oughta draw some other characters from the ComicBook Diner crew...


 Next up is Jamar's latchkey kid hero Leon, Protector of the Playground. I drew Roboy Red and Leon last night. I penciled them both on notebook paper, inked them on a lightbox with a water based brush pen onto a piece of bristol board....
I rounded out the trio with this all-digital joint featuring John Gallagher's Buzzboy that I drew at Starbucks this morning during a job-hunting session.

6 comments:

Jamar said...

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN.

John Gallagher said...

Samax-- you are a gentleman and a great artist

cool stuff!

--John Gallagher

Samax said...

Thanks guys! Glad you're feeling my humble depictions! These are all great characters!

Marshall said...

really dig these man!!! they look like cool characters! :)

PSYCHROME said...

Cool work. Love the style... interesting stuff about the lightbox and pens. :-)

Samax said...

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I love inking on a lightbox! My drawings are so messy, and erasing the pencil lines without smudging the inks... urgh.

Plus, I like "penciling" with a ballpoint pen sometimes, which doesn't erase.

Also, I feel more comfortable drawing on cheap paper, then inking on bristol board. So like I said in another post, that lightbox was a steal. Already paid for itself many times over!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner