A little (Afro)Steampunk Fantasy

Wonderdark Rising by Samax Amen
This is one of the commissions* I have had on my desk screaming for attention for a minute. I'd say it's about 90% done

It's for author and indie publisher Dazjae Zoem (Maji, Purple Magazine), who has written several articles for my magazine GhettoManga Quarterly. Dazjae champions the cause of underrepresented cultures in her fiction and non-fiction writing, and commissioned me to do this piece based on characters from her epic Steampunk fantasy, Wonderdark.

In Dazjae's words, Wonderdark is "an Afro-Asiatic Steampunk/FaeryPunk/Afropunk meets plant-eating (and in some cases of Anansi-kind: bookeating) tradition of thought-craft and Higher-lense opting." Get familiar with Wonderdark and her other projects on her blog
holla!
-samax

*I am backed up on commissions, but making progress...

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner