Drawing my wife again...

 Here's a cartoony caricature drawing I did of my wife Friday night while she was out at the movies. For the first step, I drew the original piece with a crappy ball point pen [I love drawing with crappy ball point pens...] on a regular sheet of copy paper...
 
Next, I put it on my lightbox and inked it onto a sheet of 110 lb Premium Cardstock paper. I used a COPIC Sketch Marker (E79 Cashew). So, yeah... the piece is really dark brown instead of black, but my scanning skills are poop. Since I draw comics, I usually only need black linework, so I approached this piece the same way I do comics. After scanning, I adjust the Levels (control L) and Brightness/Contrast (alt + I > A > C) to get the cleanest and blackest black I can. It sounds complicated, but the whole process took less than 30 minutes.
Anyways, I hope you like it. If you have any feedback or questions, please get at me via comment or social network. If you're real shy, just email me.
peace,
Samax
Ziontific.com

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner