"Toon-Up" collabo by Samal McNealy and @SamaxAmen

It's been a long time since I colored someone else's artwork, but when my friend and fellow art hustler Samal McNealy commissioned me to color this portrait he was working on for a client, I just COULDN'T say no...

Here's Samal's black and white artwork.  Samal offers a very cool portrait service called Toon-Ups that takes advantage of his cartoon style. As it turns out, Samal has been a fan of my comics for some time, originally discovering my Manchild comics in the pre-social media days. Once we "met" on Facebook, we became friends right away. I was very pleased when he asked me to provide color for this Toon-Up.

I like the way it turned out, and so did Samal. If you've read any of my comics, you know that my coloring style is very basic and mood-oriented. I was very surprised to have Samal request my help with this, but I think the way I think about color really agrees with the way he draws. If you like this, you will be glad to know that we will be doing more work together in the future, so stay tuned for more on that later. For now I have more deadlines to battle.
Peace...

-Samax

Click the jar to leave a tip!

amount
Join the Samax Amen Fan Club for $5 a month! Get Stuff!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner