the SHOCKING TRUE STORY of easter bats...


When I was in college, I worked in the dorm (WEST SIDE!) and we had a coloring contest the week before Easter. So there was a cute little drawing of the easter bunny carrying a basket full of painted eggs getting his frolic on or whatever that the residents could color. It was a fairly lame drawing, so one day while I was working at the front desk, I drew this drawing and taped it up on the wall with the other entries after my shift was over...
I am not exaggerating when I say there was serious controversy by people who colored their bunnies and were outraged that I "cheated" by drawing my own bunny... I just laughed and withdrew my 'entry' (I didn't even care about the contest... there wasn't even a prize!) and taped it to my door instead. The residents on my wing LOVED it (this was in the mid nineties, and Batman: The Animated Series was at the height of its popularity). I get a good chuckle out of it everytime I look at it! One of my favorite souvenirs from my college days...
-samax
CLICK HERE to subscribe to AMENSIDERS DAILY SKETCH CLUB!

2 comments:

B_Steelo said...

One of two things: 1) they got showed up and didn't want to look like punks. 2) you didn't draw a Commissioner Egg to help regulate his actions

Samax said...

Yeah. It could be either of those!
lol

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner