Sunday Comics- the Mother's Day 2019 issue






Hey fam,


The first thing I want to do is acknowledge you might be one of the people who may be hurting today.

Mother's Day is hard for people who grew up without a mother, had a tough relationship with her, or had their mother pass away.  If that's you, fam, I just want to say my heart goes out to you, and I don't want to be insensitive to your pain.


My Mom and I have certainly had our ups and downs, but I am thankful to have a good relationship with her.  She is out of town today, at my sister's house in Tennessee.

I made sure to call and to make sure they had a great Mother's Day.

Anyways, if you want a signed 11x14 print of this issue's cover, click the BUY THIS COVER button below.
BUY THIS COVER!

Before we move on, since it's Mother's Day, I thought you might get a kick out of this.

Last October, my client J.R. LeMar dropped a new Halloween episode of DJINNX where a sad old widow wishes to see her dearly departed husband again.

So I did what anyone would do:

I cast my mom in the role of the widow...

To see how her wish goes, click the panel to read more DJINNX at MyComicStripClub.com.

In other comic strip news, I dropped the ball, so my FREELANCER LIFE comic strip series only had one episode in April.  But thanks to our sponsors at the No Pants Project,  there will be two in May, including with a brand new episode which will debut on their blog this week.

You can check out the April strip below.  If you want to see the new FREELANCER LIFE episodes as I finish them (before they debut on the sponsors' sites), CLICK HERE to subscribe to those updates.
Subscribe to FREELANCER LIFE

I'm really excited about FREELANCER LIFE, because I get to help other creative freelancers improve their personal and professional lives.  It's a win-win!
More FREELANCER LIFE!

If your business makes content that helps freelancers, I would be happy to have you as a sponsor for FREELANCER LIFE as well!

Or perhaps you would like your own comic strip to promote your business, career, or writing.

I love making comics in all genres, so CLICK HERE to set up a FREE 30 minute call to talk about your project.

One more Mother's Day themed thing:
When I was drawing comics for an e-learning company called Study Island, the script for Herman Heed: The Case of the Most Valuable Video Game Ever Made called for an elderly woman to appear for a few pages.

SO I snuck my grandma into the story!  She had just died a few months prior, so including her in a speaking role in this comic was part of my mourning process.

Later, when I was a salaried employee at the company, I mentioned to the writer (aka my supervisor) that I had drawn my grandma into the story!  The look on his face was priceless!

If y'all wanna see more Herman Heed, just CLICK HERE and let me know.  I have the pages saved, so I can share it with you, if you're interested.  

So that's enough for this week, I think. 

I'm not accepting any more comic book artwork clients for now, but I would love to take on more clients for my comic strip service.
 
Also, if you need help with editing, social or email marketing, web copy, Facebook ads, or you just want guidance on next steps for your comic or strip
, just CLICK HERE to email me, or click here to hit me on messenger.

You can even schedule a free (no pressure) phone or video call here to talk about your project.

So that's all for now, fam.   Thanks again for reading! 

Peace,
-Samax ("some AX") Amen

spread the word!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner