Did you miss this week's issue of Sunday Comics?





Hey fam,


There's a lot to cover this week, I am in Dallas taking care of my daughter while her mom is out of town on a business trip.  Of course, she also caught a cold, so I'm getting my nursemaid on...

Anyways, onto the comics news.

My FREELANCER LIFE series is rockin' and rollin' over on the No Pants Project blog.  This one dropped a couple of weeks ago.  

If you haven't been checking it out, I also started writing full blog articles to go with the strips.  I'm trying to help artists and other freelancers that may be struggling with establishing and maintaining healthy client/patron/customer relationships, like I was.
#FreelancingFAIL Stubborn Artiste
Read the blog post here

I'm really excited about FREELANCER LIFE, because I get to help other creative freelancers learn how to command better prices by doing a better job for their clients.  It's a win-win!
#FreelancingFAIL The Excuse- Maker
Sticker Shock
More FREELANCER LIFE!

For those of you who missed this drawing of J.R. Lemar's new character Super Heru, it made a little noise on the GhettoManga Facebook page.
"Super Heru" created by J.R. Lemar, artwork by Samax Amen
Join the conversation on Facebook

Meanwhile, I'm also working with the fine folks at Ra-Seth Enterprises on the creative team for a comic called Born Again Thug that will be rolling out some pretty ill stuff starting next month, so stay tuned for more about that.

Just so you know it is worth your while, feast your eyes on this poster I drew for them a few weeks ago, and the one page promo below!
Follow B.A.T. on Facebook
BATS place 1

Did I mention my birthday is on Friday?

Don't worry, I'm not about to hit you up for birthday gifts.  I just wanted to invite you to the closing reception of the first ever Daverse Lounge gallery exhibit that's taking place that night.

Daverse Lounge is a whirlwind evening of youth poetry and creative expression. I do live art pieces to contribute to and reflect the spirit of expression the show engenders.

The February show's theme was Community: Building Bridges.  Here's a picture I took of the piece I made at that show:
"Daverse 02/2019 - Community" by Samax Amen

Yeah, so clearly I'm not a photographer, but hopefully you can make out that I drew Miles Morales and Peter Parker, who both use the name Spider-Man.  Into the Spiderverse was still THE animated movie everyone was talking about in February, so I couldn't resist.

Anyways, if you're in downtown Dallas on this Friday the 22nd, I hope you can make it out!

Getting back to comics, here's some pages from B.i.G.S #3, which I drew last fall for Upchuck Comics.  I am a couple pages into #4, so look forward to seeing some pages from that soon.
Buy the comic here

Finally, here's my character design for Professor Romaire, star of a science fiction comic I am working on with a client called OPENSOURCE.  It's got action, hot girls, and alternate dimensions.  Still in the early stages, but I wanted to show this to you.

So that's all for now, fam.   Thanks again for reading!
If you wanna chat, need artwork, or if there's anything I can do for you, get at me!

Have a GREAT week!
-Samax ("some AX")

spread the word!

Share

Tweet

Forward





No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner