My MOST POPULAR Image of 2012







Hey fam,


2012 was a strange year.

I got laid off from the best day job I ever had (working on an animation team at an e-learning company), but I also spent a fair amount of the year writing blog posts about a real live masked superhero movement in Seattle.

This piece was my most popular image on Facebook that year.

SCREAM PHOENIX: I Challenge You by Samax Amen
Adobe Photoshop + Cintiq
Buy an 8x10 Print, Just $17

SCREAM PHOENIX is a series of comic strips and pages that I started drawing to accompany the blog posts I was writing about Phoenix and his costumed comrades on GhettoManga.

I didn't go for journalistic realism, I just had fun with it.

CLICK HERE to see the fight that inspired this particular strip.
Like this drawing on Facebook

Because the blog was pretty popular at that time, and I was very active on social media, Phoenix Jones eventually caught wind of the strips.

Most of the time, Phoenix seemed to enjoy them, and shared them with his followers on social media.

Should I collect my Phoenix Jones art?

I kinda want to collect my Phoenix Jones art and articles into a small nonfiction zine or something.  I'm not sure if anyone would buy it though.

Would you be interested in buying something like that, fam?

If so, would you prefer a digital copy or a printed book (or both)?

Let me know.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the blast from the past, fam. 
I gotta get to work!

Have a great day,
-Samax ("some AX") Amen

this artwork is brought to you by

spread the word!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner