[Daily Sketch] Our Pain is Real







Hey, fam!


Everyone knows I love Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

As a way to make my love of watching his show on YouTube useful, I have started drawing sketches when I watch his show.

This episode is about Bias in Medicine.

A Ton of Fear by Samax Amen
digital portrait, Adobe Photoshop
John Oliver discusses the roles that gender and racial bias can play in medical treatment.

This episode is super-relevant to my life.  After a bunch of bad experiences with insensitive doctors, my mom went off her meds for two years.

Last year, we managed to get her back on some of her meds after she almost lost her vision.

My mom is a retired nurse with excellent insurance, and she still needs help fighting against doctors who can't (or won't) see past their own biases.

I am willing to say that I have an emotional fear of the medical system that I wrestle with, fueled by bad experiences like the ones in the video.

I'm working through them, and supporting my mom with her health care struggles.  My sister and I have taken an active role in helping my mom navigate the system.

We found doctors that she likes and who seem to actually care about her and listen to her concerns.

I just wanted to address this, because I know some people hear statistics and activists talking about Gender or Racial Bias and they dismiss it as something women and people of color are just making up.

Please listen the next time someone you know complains of it.  

Wanna Buy a Quick Digital Cartoon Portrait Like the One Shown Here?

When it comes to Custom Art services I offer, nothing is more popular than my Cartoon Portraits.

Bloggers, musicians and other entrepreneurs often order the Digital Cartoon Portraits to add a personal touch to their websites, social media accounts, and office spaces.

Click the blue button to order now.

You'll pay $97 via Paypal, and be taken to instructions on getting me reference photos.

Once the total is paid and you send me your photos, I'll knock your portrait out in two weeks or less.
Order Your Portrait

READY TO UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP?

fam, I really appreciate you for letting me invade your inbox everyday with my art and rambling!

If you wanna take it up a notch or two, you should upgrade your AMENsiders Membership to the VIP Level!

VIP Membership gives you

  1. Exclusive access to my secret Members-Only AMENsiders VIP Facebook group!
  2. Live Q & A's, where you can ask me anything you want! Advice about art, marketing, my opinion about your favorite rapper's mixtape, or whatever.  Let's make it interesting!
  3. Behind-the-scenes updates on projects in progress, that I don't even show to the email subscribers. 
  4. Exclusive discounts on my Products and Services- a lot of subscribers keep asking when I am putting this or that on sale.  I don't do sales that often, but when I do, VIPs get the sales first. ALL my sales are limited, so if the VIPs snap up all the spots (which they often do), the sale's over.
  5. Coming Soon- When I get to 20 VIP members, I will print an EXCLUSIVE members-only tee shirt for all the members, and all members will also receive a unique Membership Card with a Cartoon Portrait drawn by me!

VIP Memberships start at $10/month.  Cancel at any time.
Upgrade Now!

Need help with anything else, fam? 

I'm here for you...

Email me or get at me on Facebook Messenger if you need me.

You could also click here to set up a free* phone or video call, and we can chop it up.

Thanks again for reading,  fam.

Have a great day!
-Samax ("some AX") Amen

*PS- Real talk: My time ain't gonna be free forever,fam.  Get in where you fit in... 


spread the word!

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner