[SUNDAY COMICS] The Brother vs Trump, Samax Sketches Miles Morales, More Ebony Owl, BBWW News, and more







Hey fam,


You probably already knew that last year's most popular animated movie Into the Spider-Verse was on Netflix, but in case you didn't know, it's totally on there.

I saw the Miles Morales origin story twice in the theater, and I was excited to sit down and watch it again Saturday night.

While I was watching it, I did a quick sketch of Miles in his Spidey suit in my Big Black SketchBook.
"Daily Sketch: Spider Morales" by Samax

I drew this with Crayola markers while I watched the movie. I slacked off of drawing in this book for a while, but it's about 1/3rd of the way full.

I have thought about selling a pdf (or maybe a limited edition hardcover) artbook of the 100+ sketches I have so far.
Is that something you would be interested in, fam? 
VOTE! Sketchbook or Nah?

Born Again Thugs: Slay 'n Da Hud is DONE!

In other news, last weekend I finished Born Again Thugs: Slay 'n Da Hud, the four page comic I drew, colored and lettered for B.A.T. Entertainment, based on a script from my friend and frequent collaborator Corance Davis.
I'll drop the panels on my Instagram and on GhettoManga soon.

Let me know if you prefer to receive it in this email or something, okay fam?

Print of the Week: The Brother Goes to Washington

This is The Brother Goes to Washington, the drawing I made of Jay Kelley's time-traveling superhero The Brother after he's delivered the first knockdown in a battle with a juiced-up President Trump.

This drawing was the reaction Jay and I had when President Trump dropped out of the Paris Accord, Obama's signature climate change agreement in 2017.

The concept revolves around the nagging suspicion that Trump is literally trying to weaken America in hopes that he will be able to become a dictator.

People have asked what those things on his back are. 

The fluid in those tubes is actually a soup of microscopic robots that give Trump a host of superhuman powers, but that unfortunately make him little more than a puppet to the mastermind who creates them.

Maybe we'll find out who is sourcing Trump's nanites later...

That's right!  I worked out a whole backstory that chronicles Trump's campaign, election, and presidency that is full of dystopian science-fiction, political intrigue, and super-powered action.

If there's any interest, I will draw it for you.

At an rate, now we know why his face is so orange all the time.


Before I get TOO political for you, I'll just invite you to buy a signed 11 x 17 inch print by clicking the blue button below.

$25 each, with FREE domestic shipping.
Buy the Print!

Almost Gone:
BBWW 2019 Stickers

I don't have a lot to say about this.  I expect to run out of these BBWW 3 x 3 inch vinyl stickers this week.  If you want some, you better stop playing around and order 'em before they sell out.

When they're gone, they're gone.
Get Your Sticker!

Work in Progress:
Karl Nova: SECRET FILES album cover artwork

So here's the first draft for the album cover artwork for Karl Nova's upcoming album SECRET FILES.

Karl is based in London, so I figured the easiest way to show that was by sneaking the British flag in there, which he didn't like. 

He wasn't crazy about the color scheme either, so I will have to change that as well.

My plan is to make those changes and resubmit it to him  Monday evening.

As always, your feedback is welcome too.

Teeshirt Design:
The Ebony Owl

My client J.R. LeMar asked me to revisit the Ebony Owl character I designed for him, by drawing the vigilante's chest emblem so he could get a tee shirt, so I hooked it up.
 

J.R. tagged me on Instagram once he got his shirt printed, so you can see it here.

Expect to see more Ebony Owl art from me VERY soon.

Anything I can help YOU with?

I have plenty of work to do, but I'm looking to take on one or two more clients for my comic strip service.

If you're worried that you can't write a comic strip, I believe I can teach ANYONE to write their first strip in just 15 minutes.

I created a tool that shows you how.

Of course, I could just write it for you too.

So if you have an awesome idea for a comic strip, but you need help with it (whether it's writing, drawing, editing, social media, email marketing, website copy, Facebook ads, etc), or you just want guidance on next steps for your comic or strip
, just CLICK HERE to email me, or click here to hit me on messenger.

You can even schedule a free (no pressure) phone or video call here to talk about your project.


On that note, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, fam.

Thanks again for reading! 


Peace,
-Samax ("some AX") Amen
 

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner